<body scroll="auto">
Saturday, January 3, 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I filled a post full of reflections on 2008 on 29th Dec, but stopped short of posting them up. 'cause, what's there to reflect anyway?


I realized the importance of family, finished the last exams in NTU, saw through quite a number of people, gotten tired of the hypocritical stuff, managed to get stranded in thailand, enjoyed myself through the year, and I guess, I have nothing much to be sorry about in 2008.


Of course, there were periods of sadness, but they werent as much as compared to the happiness, so I should be content, no?


It's now 2009, I'm gonna be freaking old soon -- 23. Like omfreakinggosh, I have never thought of myself as being 22, and now I'm gonna be 23 soon. The days are simply zooming past too quickly for my liking.


I still stand by the notion that I often say to Xiang: "In no time, we are gonna be 80 years old.", freaking her out every single time I say so.


Anyway, I don't understand why everyone's saying "Happy new year!" when there's nothing much to be happy about with all the global recession, upcoming graduation that has me worrying what the hell am I gonna work as, and I'm gonna age another year. It's another year closer to me losing my teeth, getting white hair, organs failing, etc etc.


Ahhh.. I sound disgustingly depressed huh?


But anyway, I believe the reason that everyone's wishing "Happy New Year!" is:


1. By habit. It's a new year, and how can anyone not wish one happy new year, right?


OR


2. Trying to convince themselves that it's gonna be a happy year despite the gloomy news that have been headlining the newspapers constantly since the Lehman Bros decided to collapse.


OR


3. Both.


I think I'm in Category 3. HA.


I cant believe how utterly demoralizing this blog entry is turning out to be. Where are all the pictures? Where are all the reflections and new year's resolutions? Where are all the "I wanna lose weight" or "I wanna get first class honours" resolutions?


I attribute this feeling to reading science journals for my FYP on a saturday. 11 journals. And a proposal to be submitted on Monday.


Kill me please.


But anyway, HAPPY 2009 yeah? =p

"I am PRETTY, accept it."

3:52 PM






Profile
this is you. introduce yourself. are you in antarctica? maybe, alaska. or maybe africa? oh, anywhere. Hahaha. You might also add if you're a femme or a masculiney man (Is it possible? since it's a girly skin) or maybe the combination of both.

Currents
What you love and hate.

Rants




Archive
♣ December 2006♣
♣ January 2007♣
♣ February 2007♣
♣ March 2007♣
♣ April 2007♣
♣ May 2007♣
♣ June 2007♣
♣ July 2007♣
♣ August 2007♣
♣ September 2007♣
♣ October 2007♣
♣ November 2007♣
♣ December 2007♣
♣ January 2008♣
♣ February 2008♣
♣ March 2008♣
♣ April 2008♣
♣ May 2008♣
♣ June 2008♣
♣ July 2008♣
♣ August 2008♣
♣ September 2008♣
♣ October 2008♣
♣ November 2008♣
♣ December 2008♣
♣ January 2009♣
♣ February 2009♣
♣ March 2009♣
♣ April 2009♣
♣ May 2009♣
♣ June 2009♣
♣ July 2009♣
♣ August 2009♣
♣ September 2009♣
♣ October 2009♣
♣ November 2009♣
♣ December 2009♣
♣ January 2010♣
♣ February 2010♣
♣ March 2010♣
♣ May 2010♣


Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: Flogao/Byluluka
Font: 1
Texture: 1
Brushes: 1 4 3
Pattern: 1
Hosts: 1 4